Before diving into layering, it's crucial to understand the product you're working with. Other face creams for dry skin are mostly cream based in texture, 'Quench' is a lightweight, gel-based hydrating face lotion infused with Bamboo Water, Phospholipids and Beta Glucan, and powered with potent bioactive compounds like Pentavitin and Sepicalm. Quench repairs your skin’s damaged barrier, locks in moisture and leaves it supple and elastic while helping you say goodbye to dehydrated skin.Layering Basics
Proper layering of skincare products is essential to ensure they work synergistically and deliver the best results. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to layer 'Quench' with other actives or serum-based products:
1. Cleansing: Start your routine by cleansing your face thoroughly to remove dirt, makeup, and impurities. Use a gentle cleanser that suits your skin type.
2. Actives or Serums: If you have specific skincare concerns, such as acne, fine lines, or hyperpigmentation, apply your targeted serum or active treatment next. Wait a few minutes to let it absorb fully.
3. 'Quench' Application: After your serum has been absorbed, it's time to apply 'Quench.' Take a small amount and gently massage it onto your face and neck using upward motions. This will lock in the benefits of your serum while providing long-lasting hydration. If you have dry skin, you can further layer this up with another face cream like ‘That Good Cream’ or a face oil like ‘Just Me Elixir’.
4. Sunscreen (Morning Routine): In your morning routine, always finish with a broad-spectrum sunscreen.
Tips for Effective Layering
1. Allow time between layers: Give each product a few minutes to absorb into your skin before applying the next one. This ensures that each product can work effectively without interference.
2. Order matters: Generally, it's best to apply products from the thinnest to thickest consistency. Serums are usually thinner than lotions, so apply them first.
3. Listen to your skin: Pay attention to how your skin reacts. If you experience irritation, redness, or discomfort, reconsider the products you're using or the order in which you apply them.
4. Adjust for day and night: Your morning routine should include sunscreen, while your evening routine can focus on repairing and nourishing the skin.